Friday, April 27, 2007

Good News???

Had an ultrasound today. By the projections at a little less than 37 weeks she is already 8 lbs 11 oz and has the head of a full term baby. I don't think I have 23 days left. By her head circumference, I am 39 1/2 weeks along. Even if she is in for two more weeks she will weigh almost 11 pounds!!!! Yikes! Any one up for some power walking???? I don't have babies, I have toddlers. ;)

All joking aside, I feel ready and very excited by this news. It is like getting Christmas a little early. I know there could be a potential emergency c-section if her head proves to be to much for me, but I am willing to give a try.....especially since I will have an epidural this time. It is funny that my last will be my first. I have done all my other kids au naturale. My third weighed 9lbs, 3 oz, so she was big too.

But 11 pounds! Oy, 11 pounds.

3 comments:

Panini said...

Congrats! That is one big baby. I'm all over those shots but why are you switching? Enough to prove you can do it a few times or was it about that head circumference? :)

Missy said...

Panini~completely that head circumference! ;) No but seriously, it is because last time I bruised my leg so badly that I ended up with phlibitis in my leg. (Step down from blood clot.) So this time I am trying to stay more relaxed...hence the epidural. And the fact that my doctors think there could be a potential c-section if I can't get her out. I am already prepped if I start with the epi.

Unknown said...

Congrats! on your baby! Labor sounds like he*$ no matter how you do it, but yeah! about the new little spirit that will be in your home!!!!