Monday, October 20, 2008

Playing Along

I was tagged with naming six unexpected/unusual facts about me by a lovely lady, that I will leave nameless because I am paranoid and would like to rename somewhat nameless to the world of blog for the safety of those cute rugrats I post so often about.

So...without further ado I give you the unusual and unexpected me.

  1. If I was ever able to sleep enough at night again, I would get up every morning before the break of dawn to watch the sunrise. I know, I know...heresy. But honestly once the beams of light start blazing through my window I might as well get up anyway, because sleep just went out the window when the darkness faded.
  2. I can smell things so strongly that I almost taste them. This relates to all smells not just food. So in a way I know what laundry soap tastes like for instance...or the cow fog that blows our way sometimes. Perfume feels like pepper spray up my nose. But on the upswing I can usually tell what a recipe needs by the way it smells.
  3. After my grandparent's home was demolished for greed (yep still bitter) I have felt some what homeless. It was my favorite place in all the world! Even my own home doesn't have the same pull.
  4. I am not a phone talker. I dislike answering my phone. I am not sure why, but I would rather listen to a message and then email the person over having a small talk conversation on the phone.
  5. I love having four seasons with in the year. Having been devoid of those for the past 10 years I am beyond words, thrilled, to be moving to a place with every single glorious season.
  6. I like being cold. During the winter I will still crack my window a smidge so that I can feel the nip of the cold air at night and then pile mountains and mountains of blankets on my self with my feet sticking out.
Probably more than you ever wanted to know about me, but it can't be refuted...I am one of a kind. :)

7 comments:

Leah said...

I am the same way with the Phone thing. I am not a phone talker. Thank heavens for text and instant messaging. and the whole seasons thing... I love them too. I don't think Christmas would be the same without snow. infact on those years there is no snow on the ground at Christmas it just doesn't feel the same. Thanks for playing along ;)

kclittle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nettie said...

I love to sleep with the window cracked in the winter, with a heavy pile of blankets, too. Its just such a cozier way to sleep!

Stephanie said...

After your comment on my blog, I popped in to see who you were. :) What a fun post to get to know you a little bit. Thanks for dropping by!

Stephanie said...

p.s. I LOVE the little quote on your sidebar... that's great!

Missy said...

Thanks Steph!

Kirsty said...

1. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I did reply xo
2.My sympathy on the smell thing. Pregnancy must have been awesome. Not.
3.Dawn is glorious. I wish I were disciplined enough to see it every day.
4.Increasingly with you on the phone thing. And so many other people I know! D'ya think the internet is wiping out our socialization skills as a race?
5. Sorry about the house demolishment. I know that sense of homelessness somewhat. I don't feel like South Africa is totally home anymore since I have spent so much time here, and I don't ever feel entirely at home here. Sniff. Homeless.
6.Your birthday girl is beautiful and your bruise is spectacular.